[gdal-dev] Quete_string_fields creation option for CSV

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Apr 19 03:46:45 PDT 2018

On mercredi 18 avril 2018 23:43:11 CEST Even Rouault wrote:
> On mercredi 18 avril 2018 20:48:12 CEST Rahkonen Jukka (MML) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > See this
> > https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/279960/ogr2ogr-create-csv-with-str
> > ngs-wrapped-in-double-quotes
> >
> > The GDAL CSV driver supports quoted string fields in reading but I suppose
> > that data can't be written like that.
>
> Now it is possible:
>
> [master 2a269ed] CSV: add a STRING_QUOTING=YES layer creation option to
> force double-quoting of strings (and other non-numeric fields)

Actually I've reworked this to be

STRING_QUOTING=IF_NEEDED/IF_AMBIGUOUS/ALWAYS (Starting with GDAL 2.3): whether
to double-quote strings. IF_AMBIGUOUS means that string values that look like numbers will
be quoted (it also implies IF_NEEDED). Defaults to IF_AMBIGUOUS (behaviour in older
versions was IF_NEEDED)