[gdal-dev] Recommended OGR Driver For Very Large Vector Data

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Sun Aug 5 10:15:51 PDT 2018

Patrick Young wrote
> We also tried a GeoPackage, but it seemed a little slow to read in QGIS.

Hi,

Could you give some more details about your GeoPackage and what you mean
with "little slow"? I have pretty good experiences about using GeoPackage as
data source for MapServer.  I also just tried how a polygon layer with 1.1
million polygons behaves with QGIS and panning and zooming is pretty much
immediate when the map scale is reasonable. With reasonable scale I mean
that roughly 50000 polygons or less fits the map view so that the spatial
index can drop most of the records.

-Jukka Rahkonen-