[gdal-dev] pthread_setspecific() failed error

Colleen Rooney crooney at pdx.edu
Mon Aug 13 16:44:24 PDT 2018

Hello,

I am attempting to build gdal version 2.3.1 from source. I am using gcc
7.2.0, and enabling support for proj4 version 5.1.0, grass version 7.4.0,
xerces-C version 3.1, hdf5 version 1.10.2, netcdf version 4.4.1.1, python
version 3.6.4, and perl version 5.16.3. Configure, make, and make install
all complete. However when the resulting executables are run I get an error
such as the following:

$ ./gdalinfo --version
GDAL 2.3.1, released 2018/06/22
CPLGetTLSList(): pthread_setspecific() failed!
CPLGetTLSList(): pthread_setspecific() failed!

I have hit a wall trying to figure out what is causing this error. Any help
would be appreciated, let me know any additional information you require!