[gdal-dev] Ubuntu & Travis

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Dec 14 10:42:48 PST 2018

On vendredi 14 décembre 2018 17:50:26 CET Alan Stewart wrote:
> Ubuntu 18.04.1
>
> Given all the required software dependencies are installed, shouldn't I be
> able to perform the same steps shown in the Travis log to perform the same
> tests? Apparently not, there seems to be other Travis configuration
> happening outside of the files in the git repository.
>
> I get the following error when running ci/travis/ubuntu_1804/install.sh:
>
> Checking for libFileGDBAPI.so in in
> /home/astewart/Documents/GitHub/OSGeo/gdal/FileGDB_API-64gcc51/lib...
> configure: error: not found.
>
> $PWD/FileGDB_API-64gcc51 is embedded in install.sh, so it appears this
> cannot be overridden without editing the script. Manipulating the working
> directory when starting the script seems risky... Any better suggestions?

Those scripts were not designed at being used outside of Travis context, but
there is no reason they shouldn't work though, if you ran them in the right
order and as exactly invoked by .travis.yml

I presumed you ran
ci/travis/ubuntu_1804/before_install.sh
before ?

Did you check if you do indeed have something in
/home/astewart/Documents/GitHub/OSGeo/gdal/FileGDB_API-64gcc51/lib ?

And do you run install.sh as "ci/travis/ubuntu_1804/install.sh" ? (to be
opposed as "install.sh" from ci/travis/ubuntu_1804)

Even