[gdal-dev] RasterIO support for zlib / deflate compression?

bradh at frogmouth.net bradh at frogmouth.net
Sun Jun 3 00:34:02 PDT 2018

I've been looking at how much work it might take to implement a new NITF
compression value (IC=CC and IC=MC) which is basically just ZLIB DEFLATE
encoded blocks.

I'm mostly following the pattern used for JPEG, and its down to the part
where I just need to do the compression:

int

NITFWriteZLIBBlock( GDALDataset *poSrcDS, VSILFILE *fp,

                    int nBlockXOff, int nBlockYOff,

                    int nBlockXSize, int nBlockYSize,

                    GDALProgressFunc pfnProgress, void * pProgressData )

{

    CPLDebug("NITF", "nBlockXOff=%d/%d, nBlockYOff=%d/%d",

                     nBlockXOff, nBlockXSize, nBlockYOff, nBlockYSize);

    return true;

}

Before I start to dig around in zlib, is there any support in the RasterIO
level to do this? Anything else I could copy before reimplementing it
poorly?

Brad