[gdal-dev] Trac to GitHub

Ben Elliston ben.elliston at anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 19 16:34:38 PDT 2018

On 20/03/18 00:25, Even Rouault wrote:

> A more complicated version of the above is that we would migrate only the open
> Trac tickets to github (so < 600 instead of 6000). And we would add in each
> open Trac ticket a message like "This ticket has been migated to https://
> github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issue/4567", and close it. But that requires still some
> migration effort and deal with github API.

I think it makes sense to migrate the open tickets. Users go to the
trouble of reporting problems and they should all be investigated (at
some stage).

To my mind, there is an issued about what to do about closed tickets.
It's convenient to not have to search for bu reports in two different
places when trying to search for the history of a bug. So I think there
may also be justification for migtating the closed tickets.

It all comes down to how difficult the migration process is.

Cheers, Ben