[gdal-dev] mssql import speed

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu May 10 10:18:56 PDT 2018

Hi,

I wonder how to speed up import to MSSQL. I have testing SQLite DB
(~1GB) with 48 tables (overall number of records 11e6). I started with

$ ogr2ogr -f MSSQLSpatial MSSQL:... test.db

It took more than 3hours! Tested on Windows computer with SQL Server
2012. I used SQL Server Native Client 11.0.

So I tried to enable BCP (which should be enable anyway) and increased its size:

$ ogr2ogr -f MSSQLSpatial MSSQL:... --config MSSQLSPATIAL_USE_BCP YES
--config MSSQLSPATIAL_BCP_SIZE 10000 test.db

No difference, more than 3 hours. Anything I could miss?  It's my
first experience with MSSQL. Anything related to configuration or so?
Thanks for pointers in advance! Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa