[gdal-dev] Alternative to GPKG format

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Nov 1 00:10:43 PDT 2018

koji higuchi wrote
> Hi
> I am extracting .osm.pbf file into .gpkg; but the writing rate is very
> slow.
> When I write into .shp, rate is faster but its limit is 4gb.
> So, what other format is better for larger than 4gb requirement?
> Thanks for your ideas.
> Koji

Hi,

Show the exact command that you are using so we can see if it could be made
faster. For example if you happen to use -skipfailures for handling the
invalid geometries of the OSM data then you will make GDAL to do a new
transaction for each row and that certainly is slow. But let's have a look
at your command first.

-Jukka Rahkonen-