[gdal-dev] gdal_merge.py not executing or found

Dmitry Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 07:14:29 PST 2018

Hi Jeremy,

You can install QGIS with GDAL and python bindings using alternative
installer by NextGIS (http://nextgis.com/nextgis-qgis/).

GDAL python bindings working, gdal_merge also included.

This is previous QGIS LTR release 2.18.25, but with fresh GDAL 2.3.2 and
other libraries. This installation should not affect you current QGIS
install, but I'm not sure about the opposite.

Best regards,
     Dmitry