[gdal-dev] gdalautotest

Alan Stewart astewart at terragotech.com
Tue Oct 9 12:21:56 PDT 2018

I'd like to run the gdalautotest scripts locally, and add some tests, but I've not had success getting the environment set up correctly. I assume with the right configuration the build process will generate the Python bindings?

I'm on Windows running in a  VS1027 x86 native tools command prompt. I've configured the following environment variables:

set "GDAL_HOME=C:\devel\GitHub\build"
set "GDAL_DATA=%GDAL_HOME%\data"
set "PATH=%PATH%;%GDAL_HOME%\bin"
set "PYTHONPATH=C:\devel\GitHub\gdal\gdal\pymod"

My nmake.local contains:

MSVC_VER=1910
VERSION=204
GDAL_HOME="C:\devel\GitHub\build"
PYDIR="C:\Python27"                                            <-- in the PATH inherited by the command prompt
SWIG="C:\devel\GitHub\swig.exe"
BINDINGS=python
HAVE_NUMPY=1

I run "nmake -f makefile.vc", then "nmake -f makefile.vc install", then from the autotest folder "C:\Python27\python.exe run_all.py". The error is that pymod\gdaltest.py cannot import gdal from osgeo.

I found the gdal\swig\python\osgeo folder and tried adding that to PYTHONPATH. Same result.

Alan Stewart
Senior Software Engineer
TerraGo Technologies
3200 Windy Hill Road, Suite 1550W