[gdal-dev] Error: Unable to export GeoTIFF file with different datatypes per different bands. All bands should have the same types in TIFF.

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Oct 29 04:07:57 PDT 2018

> Regarding the nodata value (just curius): how is this value stored (there
> is no such tag, AFAIK)?

In ASCII. One single value for all the bands

https://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/tifftags/gdal_nodata.html

> In the GDAL data model this value is per band and
> not per dataset, so that could be a possible improvement, right?

Yes that could possibly be changed. I'm not sure about the reason for having
decided for a single value. Perhaps to align on the libtiff restriction of one
value for BitsPerSample / SampleFormat. But yes having several values for the
NoData tag could be changed much more easily than several values for
BitsPerSample / SampleFormat