[gdal-dev] Exception in GDALAllRegister()

FA finn at arildsen.com
Thu Sep 13 08:32:27 PDT 2018

I have built GDAL.lib as a static library for Win32 using Visual C++ 2017.
The library uses std-lib Tools\MSVC\14.15.26726

Using an "empty" test application, I experience a crash in GDALAllRegister,
more precisely a NULL pointer dereferencing in xtree when
GDALAddDerivedBandPixelFunc("real", RealPixelFunc) executes
osMapPixelFunction[pszFuncName] = pfnNewFunction;

	template<class _Other>
		_Nodeptr _Lbound(const _Other& _Keyval) const
		{	// find leftmost node not less than _Keyval
		_Nodeptr _Wherenode = this->_Get_data()._Myhead;	// end() if search fails
>>>		_Nodeptr _Pnode = _Wherenode->_Parent;

because _Wherenode is NULL.

Does anyone know if this could be due to an incompatibility between GDAL and
the VC version of the std-lib?