[gdal-dev] Overviews default directory

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Apr 5 03:54:43 PDT 2019

Hi,

You can read the images through a VRT file
https://www.gdal.org/gdal_vrttut.html that includes an overview element with
an absolute path.

"Overview: This optional element describes one overview level for the band.
It should have a child SourceFilename and SourceBand element. The
SourceFilename may have a relativeToVRT boolean attribute. Multiple elements
may be used to describe multiple overviews."

<Overview>
  <SourceFilename relativeToVRT="0">path/to/image.ovr</SourceFilename>
  <SourceBand>1</SourceBand>
</Overview>

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Zaraka wrote