[gdal-dev] Possible issue with alpha band and VRT

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Sat Apr 6 12:08:37 PDT 2019

Hi,

I repeated the steps which are described in this question https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/317916/gdalbuiltvrt-output-is-different-than-the-source-images-when-using-dstalpha and it indeed seems that transparency that is defined with an alpha band in original images is lost if I read data through VRT. I wonder if something similar happens than in this issue https://github.com/mapbox/rasterio/issues/1454 with GDALRasterBand::GetMaskBand().

-Jukka Rahkonen-