[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.5.0 beta1 available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 19 04:37:25 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have prepared the GDAL/OGR 2.5.0 Beta 1 release.  It will hopefully directly
followed by a RC1 next week if things go well.

GDAL 2.5.0 *requires* PROJ >= 6.0, and if using external libgeotiff,
libgeotiff >= 1.5.0
In case you didn't follow recent developments, a revamp has been done in the
area of coordinate reference systems, which may impact downstream users & code
of GDAL. Consult
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT
and
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc73_proj6_wkt2_srsbarn

The source is available at:

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.5.0/gdal-2.5.0beta1.tar.xz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.5.0/gdal-2.5.0beta1.tar.gz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.5.0/gdal250beta1.zip

A snapshot of the Python autotest suite can be downloaded from:

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.5.0/gdalautotest-2.5.0beta1.tar.gz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.5.0/gdalautotest-2.5.0beta1.zip

The GRASS plugin is available at

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.5.0/gdal-grass-2.5.0beta1.tar.gz

The NEWS is available at :
      https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OSGeo/gdal/master/gdal/NEWS

New bugs found should be filed in GitHub.

GDAL developers and users are encouraged to treat the next week as the prime
time for bug finding and fixing.

I have not yet created the release/2.5 branch from current master, so be
careful of what you commit in master.

Even