[gdal-dev] Restoring functions removed in 2.5 beta1

Sean Gillies sean at mapbox.com
Sun Apr 21 14:58:44 PDT 2019

Even and all,

The Fiona and Rasterio projects won't build with the pre-release because,
for better or worse, they reference and use OSRFixup, which has been
removed. I've filed issue #1466 about this.

Yes, we can add shims to Fiona and Rasterio so we can support versions
2.0-2.5, but this does nothing for software that's already installed on
computers. If a no-op version of OSRFixup were restored to GDAL 2.5, these
projects and previously installed versions of them would likely work just
fine with 2.5.

I'd be happy to do the work, once I find the commit where the function was
removed.

--
Sean Gillies