[gdal-dev] gdalinfo not reading vertical datum information?

Greif, Jeremiah jgreif at usgs.gov
Thu Aug 15 08:52:22 PDT 2019

I recently had a situation where i needed to add a vertical crs to a raster
file.  I did what have done many times and use *gdal_translate -a_srs
epsg:6350+5703 *to add the navd88 vertical datum to the raster file.  When
I read the file to double check my work using gdalinfo i get the folllowing
results which doesn't include the vertcrs infomation.

[image: gdal_post_vrtcrs.PNG]

When I look at the new raster file in Arc as well as the open source
tiffinfo I do see that the gdal did in fact write the vertcrs into the
file.  Why is gdalinfo not reading it though? has something changed in the
way the tags are written/read with a recent release?  just curious if
anyone else has experienced this, thanks

Jeremiah Greif