[gdal-dev] "Banning" use of underflow/overflow with unsigned integer arithmetic ?

David Strip gdal at stripfamily.net
Fri Aug 16 10:53:00 PDT 2019

This strikes me as a really good idea. Even though the behavior is
well-defined in C/C++, it doesn't mean it's desirable in all or even
most cases. It's much easier to imagine use cases where
overflow/underflow produce unexpected or inexplicable results that it is
to think of ones where it produces a desirable result.
Just my $.02 from a non-voting user of gdal and codes dependent on it.