[gdal-dev] Packaging linux/userfaultfd for conda

Agram, Piyush S (US 334K) piyush.agram at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 20 08:51:27 PDT 2019

Hi,
    This question is related to this conda-forge GDAL issue and is less of a general GDAL issue:
https://github.com/conda-forge/gdal-feedstock/issues/323

I’m bringing this up on this forum for some advice. Conda-forge packages are currently being built on images with kernel versions that support userfaultfd capability and I’m interested in having the vsis3 capability for netcdf formats being available as part of the conda GDAL distribution.

Conda-forge uses centos6 images to build the packages and this does not include the linux/userfaultfd.h header. However, the kernel version supports the capability and there are many projects like qemu that distribute this file as part of their own distribution. If I were to do the same for gdal-feedstock

  1.  Is there a preferred source of linux/userfaultfd.h that I should use? I can probably pull this file from qemu if needed.
  2.  If I use this header for compilation, I should probably install this as wellin conda/include for consistency. Any suggestions / comments?
  3.  Is there a plan to include this simpler header file within GDAL?

Thanks
Piyush