[gdal-dev] Packaging linux/userfaultfd for conda

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Aug 20 09:32:21 PDT 2019

>   1.  Is there a preferred source of linux/userfaultfd.h that I should use?
> I can probably pull this file from qemu if needed.

No idea. Anything that makes GDAL configure and then compilation happy should
be good enough.

 2.  If I use this
> header for compilation, I should probably install this as wellin
> conda/include for consistency. Any suggestions / comments?

GDAL does the include this way:
#include <linux/userfaultfd.h>
so this should put in a linux subdirectory of a directory that GDAL will try
to include. You just need the file for compilation. You don't need to
distribute it as part of files installed by GDAL.

> 3.  Is there a
> plan to include this simpler header file within GDAL?

I wouldn't be super keen in providing system includes within GDAL, especially
as this include file should be present on modern systems where the recent GDAL
versions are more likely to be built.

Even