[gdal-dev] Can't compile GDAL 2.4.0 with Visual 2017 - 32 bits

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Feb 25 07:47:45 PST 2019

You would run it with a command like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat" x86

I do it this way because I also want to control the path and thus avoid contamination from other parts of my otherwise potentially messy environment. But since you run from the "x86 Command prompt for VS 2017" the vcvars32.bat was already run for you so no need to worry about that. The source of your trouble must me than be something else.

Hello Joaquim,
Thank you for answering ,

I run nmake from within the x86 Command prompt for VS 2017, and no I had not previously run that batch.

I just tried that tough, and ran the command :
vcvarsall.abt  x86  10.0.17763.0
(that's my version of the windows SDK), I got "The specified configuration type is missing. The tools for the configuration might not be installed".

Do you know what it means ?

Thanks,

Rémi