[gdal-dev] grib driver

Zhan Zhang - NOAA Affiliate zhan.j.zhang at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 28 07:55:00 PST 2019

May I ask whether gdal grib driver support changing grid in a GRIB2
message? For instance, given a GRIB2 message, I want to change from polar
stereographic grid projection to lambert conformal grid projection, and the
data section need also be changed accordingly, and then output this to a
new GRIB2 message. I ask MDL degrib group and they tell me degrib can not
do this. It sound that it is likely gdal grib driver cannot do this either.
However I am not 100% sure and want to seek some comments here. Thanks!