[gdal-dev] vector representation in netcdf 4

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Jan 11 14:11:03 PST 2019

David,

No need to test with QGIS, ogrinfo also shows that the SRS isn't recognized.

This sample files was quickly hand generated with ncdump/ncgen without taking
much care to the georeferencing. It lacks referencing the transverse_mercator
variable in the vector fields.

Like:

	char ogc_wkt(record, ogc_wkt_max_width) ;
		ogc_wkt:long_name = "Geometry as ISO WKT" ;
		ogc_wkt:grid_mapping = "transverse_mercator" ;
	double AREA(record) ;
		AREA:long_name = "Field AREA" ;
		AREA:ogr_field_name = "AREA" ;
		AREA:ogr_field_type = "Real" ;
		AREA:ogr_field_width = 12 ;
		AREA:ogr_field_precision = 3 ;
		AREA:grid_mapping = "transverse_mercator" ;
	double EAS_ID(record) ;
		EAS_ID:long_name = "Field EAS_ID" ;
		EAS_ID:ogr_field_name = "EAS_ID" ;
		EAS_ID:ogr_field_type = "Integer64" ;
		EAS_ID:ogr_field_width = 11 ;
		EAS_ID:grid_mapping = "transverse_mercator" ;
	char PRFEDEA(record, PRFEDEA_max_width) ;
		PRFEDEA:long_name = "Field PRFEDEA" ;
		PRFEDEA:ogr_field_name = "PRFEDEA" ;
		PRFEDEA:ogr_field_type = "String" ;
		PRFEDEA:ogr_field_width = 16 ;
		PRFEDEA:grid_mapping = "transverse_mercator" ;

Actually I've just tried adding this and it works now. Modified file attached

Even

> Dear GDAL developers,
>
> I am looking into adding a wkt compatible polygon into a netcdf (version 4)
> file which also has raster information in it.
 Attached is a sample file