[gdal-dev] RFC 73 (aka gdalsrsbarn) available for review

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jan 17 11:51:04 PST 2019

> I guess this just sounds like a development/test issue rather than
> something that should be exposed for users.

Mostly. But I can imagine it can be also useful for people tracking GDAL
master in production, but not wanting to rebuild their whole GIS stack. Beyond
time and pain to do it, updating to PROJ 6 will break a number of existing
packages whose it is a dependency, and which are not necessarily ready yet for
PROJ 6. Thus this solution enables early testing and use of GDAL master.
That's what one of the use cases I had in mind when developing this.