[gdal-dev] Vertical datum conversion for SRTM data

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sat Jan 19 14:26:34 PST 2019

* Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net> [2017-11-21 10:25:42 +0100]:

>Dear list, can GDAL handle the following exercise?
>
>Of interest is the Mean Sea Level, based on NASA’s SRTM. I am new in this
>topic. Is the following equation correct?
>
>SRTM(MSL) = SRTM(WGS84) - MSL(WGS84) [*]

Here https://gitlab.com/NikosAlexandris/mean-sea-level the exercise I
did back then.  I never got to continue on this.

The last three days of the past week, I've been an observer of a
"geomorphometry" meeting. So, I asked someone knowledgeable to get some
feedback.  It seems it's on the right track.  Perhaps it'll be of
interest to some people.

Nikos

[rest deleted]