[gdal-dev] Full Driver list for using in building from source

Tim Martin Tim.Martin at os.uk
Fri Jul 5 00:04:57 PDT 2019

Hi List

Hopefully this is the right place to post this query and not as a GitHub issue. I also raised the question on GIS Stack Exchange but haven't got a correct answer.

I am trying to create an AWS Lambda layer with GDAL with only a few drivers and so have been using the amazonlinx-gdal Dockerfile created by RemotePixel (https://github.com/RemotePixel/amazonlinux-gdal) as a starting point and I then also saw in GDAL 3 that you can use --disable-all-optional-drivers which is brilliant. However when I run ogrinfo -formats the list still contains MapInfo and TopoJson which are not listed as the ones you cannot disable (generic geojson kml mem mitab vrt)

As there is difference between the drive name eg PostgreSQL and what you use in ./configure eg -without-pg is there a definitive list of the driver names and then the correct names used in the build list?

I think a list like this would be very helpful to a lot of people if one doesn't exist.

Thanks for your help

Tim

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey Limited (Company Registration number 09121572)
Registered Office: Explorer House
Adanac Drive
Southampton SO16 0AS
Tel: 03456 050505