[gdal-dev] Full Driver list for using in building from source

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Jul 5 01:19:04 PDT 2019

On vendredi 5 juillet 2019 07:04:57 CEST Tim Martin wrote:
> Hi List
>
> Hopefully this is the right place to post this query and not as a GitHub
> issue. I also raised the question on GIS Stack Exchange but haven't got a
> correct answer.
>
> I am trying to create an AWS Lambda layer with GDAL with only a few drivers
> and so have been using the amazonlinx-gdal Dockerfile created by
> RemotePixel (https://github.com/RemotePixel/amazonlinux-gdal) as a starting
> point and I then also saw in GDAL 3 that you can use
> --disable-all-optional-drivers which is brilliant. However when I run
> ogrinfo -formats the list still contains MapInfo and TopoJson which are not
> listed as the ones you cannot disable (generic geojson kml mem mitab vrt)

Yes there are a few drivers you can't disable because they are used by
functions from the core, or utilities, etc. TopoJson remains because it is
somewhat intermixed with the Geojson one which is required. It could certainly
be cut off if you badly needed it, but would require makefile hand-editing.

Even