[gdal-dev] vsicurl access to a netcdf file does not see the coordinates

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Jun 2 06:16:53 PDT 2019

On 2019-06-01 6:52 PM, Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís wrote:
> |>Ah, there is no chance that /vsicurl/ with netcdf will work on Windows. It also
> |>requires the "user-fault file descriptor" Linux specific mechanism.
>
> It actually almost works. This command should be equal to just download the file
>
> grdconvert /vsicurl/http://w3.ualg.pt/~jluis/ftp/tmp/idades_v2012.grd -Glixo.grd
>
> and I get the file. Only the coordinates are wrong but for the rest, the grid is fine.
>
> Is there a way to force reading the grid locally with the HDF5 driver instead of the automatically picked netCDF driver?

I come across this need often also, as many MS4W users leverage GDAL
through netCDF, HDF5, HDF4, but I'm not aware of a GDAL commandline
option to 'skip' raster drivers (OGR has "OGR_SKIP").  I could be wrong
though.  I have seen other users request this
(https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5917) which seems to say that there
is a way through the GDAL API, but, I'm just not sure about the commandline.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/