[gdal-dev] [SeasonOfDocs] Offers for GDAL documenting

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Jun 17 08:16:30 PDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 5:43 AM Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is really great news ! Given my experience with the project, I'm rather
> far from being representative of someone less familiar with it or with a non-
> developer profile, so thoughts from the broader GDAL community on what they
> feel is the most missing would be welcome.

There are some things that are very basic that might make the
documentation more understandable to a beginner.  I'm not sure if
these things are true or I've made them up or they are supposed to be
too obvious to state.

-nln = New Layer Name
-nlt = New Layer Type
-a_srs = assign spatial reference system
-t_srs = target spatial reference system
-s_srs = source spatial reference system

-ot = output type
-of = output format

Are those true?  If not, I've used them to better understand (and
remember) the options.

Best regards, Eli