[gdal-dev] [SeasonOfDocs] Offers for GDAL documenting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 14:30:20 PDT 2019

Lynden, I'm looping in the gdal and seasonofdocs email lists with your
permission, because:
* This is a good question and I think there are others interested in the
answers
* People on these lists will likely add more value to my answers.

Lynden, your approach sounds good. I'm not familiar with the mechanics of
adding docs to the gdal. I'm hoping the gdal team will provide an answer
here.

With regards to what content to write, we have technical writer volunteers
on the season of docs email list keen to help with structure. (A few of
them live in Melbourne, Australia with you.)  When you are ready we can set
up a meeting to plan your structure and approach.

A starting point for you to think about is to define the doc types you are
writing, as described here:
https://www.divio.com/blog/documentation/

Cheers, Cameron

--