[gdal-dev] [SeasonOfDocs] Offers for GDAL documenting

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jun 20 14:41:31 PDT 2019

On vendredi 21 juin 2019 07:30:20 CEST Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Lynden, I'm looping in the gdal and seasonofdocs email lists with your
> permission, because:
> * This is a good question and I think there are others interested in the
> answers
> * People on these lists will likely add more value to my answers.
>
> Lynden, your approach sounds good. I'm not familiar with the mechanics of
> adding docs to the gdal. I'm hoping the gdal team will provide an answer
> here.

Sphinx based documentation at:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/tree/master/gdal/doc

Build recipee:

Linux or Mac
------------

>From gdal/doc directory, install build dependencies with:
pip3 install --upgrade -r requirements.txt

and then:
make html

OR

Linux
-----

>From gdal/doc directory,
you can also use a Docker image that has already all build dependencies:

docker pull osgeo/proj-docs
docker run -v $PWD:/doc osgeo/proj-docs /bin/sh -c "cd /doc && make html"

Even