[gdal-dev] Vagrant build environment

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Jun 24 00:25:14 PDT 2019

Hi Craig,

> I sat down to finish off a pull request I started months ago, and realised
> that GDAL's vagrant build no longer works. It fails quite early in
> provisioning.
>
> I think this is probably because Ubuntu 14.04 is no longer in upstream

Ah, I guess this is a matter of using the following PPAs due to a change a few
weeks ago in ubuntugis (they moved packages from unstable to stable):

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:ubuntugis/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-testing

> An updated vagrantfile for Ubuntu 18.04 would be pretty ideal...

Woud be reasonable indeed if someone wants to tackle this.

Even