[gdal-dev] GDAL VRT with Cloud Optimized GeoTIFFs and AWS

Michael Smith michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 06:24:08 PST 2019

There are multiple advantages to using s3 over ebs. First is availability. S3 is highly available (and replicated). EBS is limited to the single volume and is much more fragile. EBS is also more expensive for storage than S3. And S3 is available to multiple instances, EBS is not, it can only be mounted to one EC2 instance.

Mike

--

Michael Smith

Remote Sensing/GIS Center