[gdal-dev] gdal and proj

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Mar 8 05:11:39 PST 2019

I am updating gdal from 2.2 to 2.3 in pkgsrc.  (Yes, I know 2.2 is old -
I had held off because of several reasons, including the new C++11
requirement.  And I know 2.4.0 is out, but I like to have an update to
each branch in the history.)

In doing the update, I'm trying to check it against proj 5.2.0
(currently in pkgsrc) and 6.0.0 (not pushed, because too many things
break).

But, I can't see where proj is actually linked.  configure seems to
simply declare that it will be dynamic if there is no explicit request
to use the version 4 API.  I don't see it linked into ligdal.so, or
ogr2ogr, or any other file that is produced.   I don't find HAVE_PROJ in
makefiles to add -lproj.

I'm happy to read some of the code/makefiles, but would appreciate a
brief clue.