[gdal-dev] filter out wanted messages in a grib2 file

Zhan Zhang - NOAA Affiliate zhan.j.zhang at noaa.gov
Sun Mar 10 18:19:30 PDT 2019

I have a grib2 file which contains many messages, and those messages define
different products on different surfaces (like z axis). For
instance, some messages defines "soil temperature"(product name) on a
surface called "depth below land surface" (surface name); and other
messages define "geopotential height" (product name) on a "pressure
surface" (surface name); etc. May I ask how I can filter out all those
messages that defines "soil temperature"(product name) on a surface called
"depth below land surface" (surface name)? Is there some grib2 tools
provided in gdal APIs that I can use? Thanks!