[gdal-dev] Should the next version (previously 2.5) be called GDAL 3.0 ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu May 2 00:43:37 PDT 2019

> Is there any other api breaking changes planned if the version does
> get bumped to 3.0? Or is it restricted solely to the projection
> related api?

Well, I was about *releasing* the version, and don't intend to postpone it
significantly, so no there won't be any surprise last-minute changes than the
ones already documented in MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT. After all, major version
numbers are cheap, so if during the next dev cycle 3.1dev turns out to need
API breaks, it will be 4.0 ...

Even