[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.0.0 RC1 available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu May 2 10:01:32 PDT 2019

Hi,

I've issued a release candidate for GDAL 3.0.0.

The changes sinces 2.5.0RC1 are:
* TileDB: set row-major reads and removed adviseread (fixes #1479)
* TileDB: Added support for raster band metadata
* TileDB: recreated test array for band re-order (fixes #1490)
* gdal_contour: remove explicit width/precision=12/3 of the elev field (fixes
#1487)
* GTiff: do not generate a TIFFTAG_GDAL_METADATA with color interpretation
information for JPEG YCbCr compression
* OGR_PDS: fix heap-buffer-overflow in error code path. Fixes https://
bugs.chromium.org/p/oss-fuzz/issues/detail?id=14512. Credit to OSS Fuzz
* Change mentions of GDAL 2.5 to GDAL 3.0
* gcore/gdal_version.h.in: set to 3.0.0
* GeoJSON: report 3D layer geometry types (fixes #1495)
* GTiff driver: ensure that main dataset and overviews share the same lock, so
as to avoid crashing concurrent access (fixes #1488)
* GPKG, MBTiles, PostgisRaster drivers: share lock of overview dataset with
parent dataset (refs #1488)

The source is available at:

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.0.0/gdal-3.0.0rc1.tar.xz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.0.0/gdal-3.0.0rc1.tar.gz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.0.0/gdal300rc1.zip

A snapshot of the Python autotest suite can be downloaded from:

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.0.0/gdalautotest-3.0.0rc1.tar.gz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.0.0/gdalautotest-3.0.0rc1.zip

The GDAL-GRASS plugin:

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.0.0/gdal-grass-3.0.0.tar.gz

Snapshot of the documentation :

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.0.0/gdal300doc.zip

The NEWS page has been updated:

   https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Release/3.0.0-News

I'll call for a vote to promote it to final beginning of next week if nothing
serious is reported before.

As stated in the previous thread about 3.0, the release/2.5 branch is now
abandonned (I've setup a branch protection rule on GitHub which should prevent
anyone from pushing into it) and release/3.0 should be used instead.

Even