[gdal-dev] Willing to Pay for Help Building GDAL 3 on WIndows

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon May 27 23:12:08 PDT 2019

On Tue, 28 May 2019, 06:29 CDelancy, <cdelancy at blackfangtechnologies.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Unfortunately, I had never heard of a .yml file before your post and I
> would
> not know what to do with what you have linked. My attempts to research it
> haven't yielded anything useful.

It's plain text file with specification of steps to build GDAL used by CI
servers.
The steps are plain to commands for Windows Command Prompt and/or
PowerShell.

For example, NMAKE. EXE invocation
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/appveyor.yml#L158

Simpky, you read it and replicate the same steps locally.

If you've ever compiled C/C++ software on Windows, iy all should look
familiar.

Mateusz Loskot, mateusz at loskot.net
(Sent from mobile)