[gdal-dev] How to Set DXF_FEATURE_LIMIT_PER_BLOCK in ogr2ogr?

Andrew C Aitchison andrew at aitchison.me.uk
Sun Nov 3 01:29:28 PST 2019

On Sun, 3 Nov 2019, Brandon Biggs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running ogr2ogr from a dxf to a geojson, and am getting the following error:
> Warning 1: Limit of 10000 features for block A$C6CCD2E37 reached. If you need more, set the DXF_FEATURE_LIMIT_PER_BLOCK
> configuration option to the maximum value (or -1 for no limit)
>
> How do I do this? When I type: DXF_FEATURE_LIMIT_PER_BLOCK=-1, DXF_FEATURE_LIMIT_PER_BLOCK -1, - DXF_FEATURE_LIMIT_PER_BLOCK=-1, -- DXF_FEATURE_LIMIT_PER_BLOCK -1, and all the variations of the = and - before DXF_FEATURE_LIMIT_PER_BLOCK, I get an "Unknown option name DXF_FEATURE_LIMIT_PER_BLOCK".
>
> Does anyone know how to configure the system to allow more than 10000 features?

What sort of system are you running ?

If it is unix/linux with bash shell try:
     export DXF_FEATURE_LIMIT_PER_BLOCK=-1
for csh and tcsh try:
     setenv DXF_FEATURE_LIMIT_PER_BLOCK -1
- other unix shells may be one of these too
(that includes the new windows bash shell and MacOS).

I'm not good with Windows but it might be:
     set DXF_FEATURE_LIMIT_PER_BLOCK=-1
from a command shell. If you are running via a GUI
you may need to set it via the Environment Variables
button deep within the Power User Task Menu.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison					Kendal, UK
 			andrew at aitchison.me.uk