[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 3.0.2 is released

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Nov 4 07:04:16 PST 2019

> What about integrating the notes within the documentation?
>
> 1. Add doc/source/release_notes.rst
>
> ------------------
> Release Notes
> ------------------
>
> .. include:: ../../NEWS.rst
>
> 2. Convert top-level NEWS into NEWS.rst
>

> I'm investigating similar approach for another project I maintain,
> and technically level this seems reasonable approach.
>
> Similar can be possible with NEWS.md in Markdown,
> but using directive is different, I think,
> https://stackoverflow.com/a/46286751/151641
>
> Just an idea for simplification, perhaps.

I'm happy if a potential future release manager innovates a bit in that area
:-)
Having to manually create all links from #XXXX of the commit messages would be
a bit painful, but some ad-hoc script to create them automagically from a
initial raw doc would be OK. That's what I've done actually to fix the broken
links raised by Jukka