[gdal-dev] Discrepancy when tiling on MAC and Linux

Grégory Bataille gregory.bataille at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 23:18:11 PST 2019

Hey all,

So I have a strange issue that I somewhat isolated, but I don't know how to
move further.
I have dataset in EPSG 31468-15949

My goal is to tile it, render it with openlayers, and add a marker on the
GCP location.
Trouble is that the GCP location was falling a bit away from the marker
image.

I had a hard time investigating that, and I still do but I realized that
tiling in other conditions did work perfectly.

So in Production
- I have a docker image which is basically osgeo/gdal:alpine-normal-3.0.2
  - this means GDAL 3.0.2
  - PROJ 6.2.1

If I use this docker to do the tiling, then I get the "badly aligned" tile.

On my local MAC
- I have gdal 3.0.1 installed from the brew
repository osgeo/osgeo4mac/osgeo-gdal
- I have proj 6.2.0
- I have the GDAL 3.0.1 pip package installed

If I use my MAC to tile, I get the "aligned" tile

And that's it, I'm stuck.
I tried in a python shell to do coordinates transform of the GCP from the
source WKT to EPSG 3857 and I get the same value whether in the docker or
on my MAC

Any idea how I can move further?

I have put a zip with some data here
https://prod-pix4d-public-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/issue_investigation/Investigation_tile_alignment.zip