[gdal-dev] gdalbuildvrt issues

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Nov 11 08:27:31 PST 2019

On lundi 11 novembre 2019 16:14:34 CET Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm facing strange things when using gdalbuildvrt. First, with my own build
> (GDAL master) I can't use wild cards (Windows here)

You probably need to define the following in your nmake.local:

# To be enabled defined to point to wsetargv.obj from the Visual C++
directory,
# when you want the utility programs to be able to expand wildcards.
#SETARGV =      "D:\Software\VStudio\VC98\lib\wsetargv.obj"

Note: regular setargv.obj might also work.

> But is not the worst. The worst is that when I look into the VRT file I see
> this. Notice how the SrcRect and DstRect differ. Why is that?

I suspect you're mosaicing files of different resolutions.

Even