[gdal-dev] gdalbuildvrt issues

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Nov 11 08:43:43 PST 2019

> Yes, also found that (after). It's the panchromatic band 8 of the LandSat8
> set, which has double resolution. But in this case, shouldn't the -separate
> option make a difference? But it doesn't. The result is the same either if
> I use it or not (confess that I don't understand the meaning of this
> option)

https://gdal.org/programs/gdalbuildvrt.html

"""
With -separate, each files goes into a separate band in the VRT dataset.
Otherwise, the files are considered as tiles of a larger mosaic and the VRT
file has as many bands as one of the input files.
"""

The -resolution flag might also help:
https://gdal.org/programs/gdalbuildvrt.html#cmdoption-gdalbuildvrt-resolution