[gdal-dev] arcsde

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Nov 22 12:42:33 PST 2019

Jachym,

Some more info at https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ArcSDE

from what I remember from noise captured here and there during last years:
- ESRI has stopped distributing the ArcSDE SDK in "recent" versions. So you have to
be one the "happy few" that have still a copy of it to be able to - try to - compile the driver
- looking at the commit history, the person who has last pushed a fix in this
driver, and presumably compiled it while doing so, was Tamas in 2012. Since
then all commits into it have likely been done in a blind way (grep-style replacement, etc)
Perhaps it still builds, by chance... ?

Not GDAL, but you might find it interesting to read:
https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/73399/esri-legacy-arcsde-sde30-deprecation.html

Probably this driver and its raster counterpart should just be removed.
Unless someone says "eh I still use it, it compiles and runs fine"

Good luck !

Even