[gdal-dev] Question on gdal_contour and limiting the range of contours generated.

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Oct 31 00:50:29 PDT 2019

Hi,

I believe I would use gdal_calc https://gdal.org/programs/gdal_calc.html and
make the terrain above the sea level flat before creating the contours. And
I would avoid shapefiles and use GeoPackage as output format.

There is a button "Edit on GitHub" in the top-right corner on page
https://gdal.org/programs/gdal_contour.html, feel free to test it.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Stephen Woodbridge-4 wrote