[gdal-dev] Importing records from both spreadsheet and gpx files

G Fourteener gfourteener at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 14:03:58 PDT 2019

Hello,
I have a spreadsheet of records that has a field for the GPX file for each record. I'm able to use ogr2ogr to import the spreadsheet and the GPX files into different layers in a geopackage file. I haven't yet been able to figure out how to combine the two data sources into a single layer, or add a geometry column (and other GPX columns) to the imported spreadsheet layer from the corresponding GPX file. I've also tried using ogrmerge.
The spreadsheet looks like:name, gpx filename, source, date, notes
Thanks,Gerry