[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr VRT conversion with SQLite query not working in v. 3.0.1

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Sep 26 09:28:58 PDT 2019

On jeudi 26 septembre 2019 15:22:13 CEST Deschamps, Benjamin (EC) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a simple VRT merging data from three Shapefile sources, using an
> SQLITE query. The command executes without any issues with ogr2ogr v. 2.3.0
> dev and with 2.1.3, but fails my new 3.0.1 install.

Benjamin,

The issue is likely not the upgrade of GDAL version, but the fact that it must
use version >= 3.21 whereas older versions used an older SQLite version. With
SQLite >= 3.21, GDAL tries to propagate IS constant / IS NOT constant
constructs to OGR SQL, but OGR SQL doesn't support those constructs. I've just
push a fix to avoid that propagation. If you don't strongly depend on the
difference of semantics between IS and = (how they deal with NULL values),
then just use =

Even