[gdal-dev] gdal_translate (3.1.0dev) "never" finishes on large jpeg cogs... REALLLLLY long time to unload.

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Apr 15 04:38:11 PDT 2020

Andrew,

Has your source raster an alpha band ? That could explain the difference
since it isn't possible to directly create a YCbCrA JPEG compressed file, but
internally a mask band must be created. However I wouldn't anticipate such
a huge difference in performance between compression schemes. I would
suggest not setting GDAL_CACHEMAX at all and letting it at its 5% default
(increasing it is not always a good idea), in case it would be a performance
issue at de-allocating cached blocks.

Even