[gdal-dev] Windows CI build times

Mike Taves mwtoews at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:45:04 PDT 2020

Hi Even,

Yes, I agree these times are way longer than they should take.

It looks like Howard was investigating AZP:
https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/tree/azp how is that going?

It seems that many projects have shifted from AppVeyor to AZP for
performance benefits.

As you mentioned, some of the dependencies could be built and cached,
rather than using vcpkg. This is a bit more complicated, since each of
the components are built differently.

Another suggestion is to use a Ninja CMake generator (-GNinja), which
is available with AppVeyor.