[gdal-dev] Interpolation used for egm96_15.gtx when using RPC_DEM_APPLY_VDATUM_SHIFT

Yann-Sebastien Tremblay-Johnston yanns.tremblay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:27:37 PDT 2020

Hi Even,

To start with, you need the the dataset pointed by RPC_DEM is a compoundCRS
> with a vertical CRS properly defined

Thanks, I initially didn't understand why this wasn't working as the SRTM
DEM I am using does not have a compoundCRS. I worked around this by
creating a VRT with the correct compoundCRS.

 Interpolation of the geoid grid is done by PROJ itself, and this is
> bilinear interpolation

Awesome, good to know. Is there anyway of configuring this?

Thanks for the quick response.

Sebastien